On the Journey With My Chosen One!

I am sure you might wonder why I call her chosen rather than adopted.... well, adopted is just her physical condition, CHOSEN is what we both are to be a family together! God is so rich in His Blessings, and He has chosen each of us from before the time we were knit in our mother's womb to be a FOREVER family! How BIG is that? How BIG is our God!?! Thank you for following our journey and for praying for us as we wait and continue to grow in the love of God! -- Blessings!



Liliana's Verses

Matthew 17:20 - " ... For truly I say to you, if you have faith like a grain of mustard seed, you will say to this mountain: "Move from here to there", and it will move, and nothing will be impossible for you."




Zephaniah 3:17 - The Lord your God is with you. He will take great delight in you, He will quiet you with His love, He will rejoice over you with singing.




Proverbs 3:5-6 ~ Trust in the Lord with all of your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways, acknowledge Him and He shall direct your paths.




Jeremiah 29:11 ~ For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans for wholeness and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope.


Sunday, January 30, 2011

Faithful

Shame on me! I am so sorry that it has been so long since I last updated the blog! I didn't even realize how fast the time had gone by! I can hardly believe that January is already over! It has been a very busy month and there has been little time to update, but I have been consistently encouarged throughout the month! I want to see my little one so badly, I want to hold her, love on her and give her lots of kisses.... BUT this part of the process takes soooo long! However, she is in a good place and they love her there, so I am doing mostly ok with the wait until I can go get her!

Now, I already know your next question.... "When do you get to go?" Oh, how I hope it is soon! I am pryaing for the middle of March or before! But, as in all things, God has His own perfect timing.... yet, prayers do change things... so please pray that I get to go the middle of March or before!

Now, the next questions.... what is she like, what size does she wear, etc.? I have been so blessed by the director of her home, she has given me lots and lots of info and pictures! Sorry, I still can't post any... but as soon as I can, I most certainly will! She is beautiful, with a smile that will melt your heart! She is active and generally always very happy! She is a bit small for her age (at least by American standards), she wears a size 2T. Thanks to the generosity of so many, she already all the clothes she'll need while we are in Peru. Where she is, it is quite cool year round, so she has plenty of Fall/Winter clothes now! I have been receiving so many wonderful things from so many loving and generous things! Thank you to everyone who has been so generous! She is already a very LOVED little girl! This makes this Momma, very happy because I already LOVE her soooo much!

There are some things to be praying for, and I continue to covet any and all prayers that you might offer up on behalf of my sweet little one and me!
1. Please pray for God to prepare our hearts for one another. Please pray for bonding to go well.
2. Please pray for her to have resiliency in the midst of all the transitions that she will be going through.
3. Please pray for those who are caring for her! These women are so kind and loving and lover her very much! She is going to be very missed by those who care for her! While they are happy for her, it will be difficult to see her go. Please lift them up as the continue to care for so many beautiful children without homes!
4. Please pray for me, that I will be able to get everything done for work and here at home in the next month before I travel.
5. Please pray for all of our paperwork (I won't even try to explain all of that part) is processed in a timely fashion and that there won't be any hold-ups that would prevent me from going to get her as soon as possible!

Thank you for sharing in this journey with me! I have learned so much along the way, but the one thing that just screams at me is that He IS Faithful! REALLY! Faithful! Even when I don't understand and I don't like the wait or the circumstances, HE is Faithful! May I strive to be more like Christ with each and every step of this journey!

Blessings & I promise to update more sooner!