On the Journey With My Chosen One!

I am sure you might wonder why I call her chosen rather than adopted.... well, adopted is just her physical condition, CHOSEN is what we both are to be a family together! God is so rich in His Blessings, and He has chosen each of us from before the time we were knit in our mother's womb to be a FOREVER family! How BIG is that? How BIG is our God!?! Thank you for following our journey and for praying for us as we wait and continue to grow in the love of God! -- Blessings!



Liliana's Verses

Matthew 17:20 - " ... For truly I say to you, if you have faith like a grain of mustard seed, you will say to this mountain: "Move from here to there", and it will move, and nothing will be impossible for you."




Zephaniah 3:17 - The Lord your God is with you. He will take great delight in you, He will quiet you with His love, He will rejoice over you with singing.




Proverbs 3:5-6 ~ Trust in the Lord with all of your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways, acknowledge Him and He shall direct your paths.




Jeremiah 29:11 ~ For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans for wholeness and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope.


Sunday, July 25, 2010

Why Should I Adopt?

You know, the road has been long and difficult and there have been so many bumps along the way! Sometimes this journey feels like traveling along the amazingly treachorous roads in Latin America! But, God is moving! God is working! God is in control, when everything else seems to be out of control! God is answering my prayers for more information and I am still waiting on some more information this week, please keep praying for that! Prayerfully, I am getting so much closer to bringing my sweet little girl home!

But, what is on my heart is about an amazing discussion that we had in Sunday school this morning. You see, on person asked for prayer for our nation, as he had recently heard some statistics regarding the HORRIBLE sex-trafficking industry. In various areas of the world 80-95% of all orphans who age out of the orphanages end up in sex-trafficking and prostitution just so that they can eat! You see, they never had anything of their own and at 16 or 17 years of age they are released from an orphange, in which they had probably never left the outside gates. They have no life skills, they have no food, no money and no one to turn to. Even more shocking is the fact that when these young people are taken to the gates, there is a pimp there ready to entice them into sex and prostitution, with promises of a place to stay and food to eat! HORRENDOUS!!!! And, this morning while I am reminded of the horrible statistics (some I knew, some I didn't) I was completely reminded of what God's call on my life is! God's call on my life is to do everything I can, through HIS power to reach one! If each one could reach one and/or save one, what a different world we might live in?!? While I want a child of my own, God's calling on my life is so much bigger than the fact that I want to be a Mommy... which I REALLY want to do! But, God is passionate for HIS children, ALL OF THEM! He commands us in scripture to care for the widows and orphans.... now this might look different for each person, but when asked "Why are you adopting?" "Why are you willing to go through the time, emotional strain, stress and financial burden of adopting?" The answer is because God has a plan for a precious little girl and for her life, and His plan is so much bigger than I can even think or imagine! He has a passion for this little girl and He loves her, just has He loves me and you! And, I for whatever reason only know to Him, get to come along for the ride! I get to honor Him with my life in taking care of this precious soul! This is why I am adopting! And, my prayer is that each person who knows my story and about my journey will be blessed and encouraged to find their own way to help the orphans of our world!

To God be the glory for the things He has done, the things He is doing, and the things He will do! Thank you for your continued prayers, now is a really crucial time in my adoption process and while I am waiting some more information, some decisions are having to be made, so please continue to pray! I can't put everyting on here right now, one day I can share a little bit more, but God knows what needs to be done! So, thank you for praying for the Lord's wisdom and will during these next few weeks!

Blessings!
Becca