On the Journey With My Chosen One!

I am sure you might wonder why I call her chosen rather than adopted.... well, adopted is just her physical condition, CHOSEN is what we both are to be a family together! God is so rich in His Blessings, and He has chosen each of us from before the time we were knit in our mother's womb to be a FOREVER family! How BIG is that? How BIG is our God!?! Thank you for following our journey and for praying for us as we wait and continue to grow in the love of God! -- Blessings!



Liliana's Verses

Matthew 17:20 - " ... For truly I say to you, if you have faith like a grain of mustard seed, you will say to this mountain: "Move from here to there", and it will move, and nothing will be impossible for you."




Zephaniah 3:17 - The Lord your God is with you. He will take great delight in you, He will quiet you with His love, He will rejoice over you with singing.




Proverbs 3:5-6 ~ Trust in the Lord with all of your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways, acknowledge Him and He shall direct your paths.




Jeremiah 29:11 ~ For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans for wholeness and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope.


Saturday, December 25, 2010

The Greatest Gift of All

What a beautiful day it was today! At my house there was snow, but where I am it was 75 degrees..... I was a little sad I missed the snow, but it was so beautiful here too! But, beyond the weather, the beautifulness of today was being able to spend it with my family! We had a great time together and a great feast! :-) I am still full! But, I have to say I am blessed beyond measure and my cup runneth over!!

I received the best gift of my life this Christmas! My little girl! I have to keep reminding myself that I am a Mommy! She is actually mine!! (By the way, I know you all have a lot of questions about when I will go to get her, what her name is, all of that.... I'll try to blog some of that info soon! -- I won't be able to post any pictures or personal info about her until I get to Peru..... so hang in there... I KNOW it is hard! I want to show you and can't wait for everyone to see her!)
Anyhow... I digress.... I received such a beautiful and great gift this Christmas, my sweet little girl! I could not have even planned this better myself.... God knew just what I needed and gave me even more than I could ever think or imagine! But, I am wanting to tell you of the GREATEST GIFT ever! You see, God sent His Son to be all of our GREATEST GIFT! The GREATEST GIFT you will ever receive is Salvation, only available through BELIEF in God's only Son -- Jesus! There are so many gifts that we could have and so many things that we could try to fill our lives with, but the truth is HE is the GREATEST GIFT!
While I am thrilled about my baby girl, I am also humbled that God has chosen me to love her, nurture her and take care of her! Just like Mary & Joseph, she is mine to care for on this earth, but she is God's! And just has God had a plan to come here as a baby and to save the world from their sins, He has a purpose for my little one. Neither of us know yet what that will be, but I hope that you will join me in prayer that her life will Magnify the Lord!
Thank you for your LOVE and JOY as you share in my joy! I am so blessed by the MANY Facebook messages, text messages and phone calls that I have received! Thank you for all of the prayers you have lifted up, and I hope you know how much I appreciate and covet those prayers! Please continue to pray, I have only just begun the next phase of the journey! Here are a couple of things that are on my heart...
1. Please pray for her attachment to me! Please ask God to prepare my heart for her and her heart for me.
2. Please pray for resiliency.... there are going to be a lot of changes in this little one's life in the next couple of months. She has only known life in an orphanage and will need lots of resiliency to be able to adjust to a new and very different life.
Thank you & Merry Christmas!

"Blessed be the Lord God of Israel, for He has visited us and accomplished redemption for His people." Luke 1:68