On the Journey With My Chosen One!

I am sure you might wonder why I call her chosen rather than adopted.... well, adopted is just her physical condition, CHOSEN is what we both are to be a family together! God is so rich in His Blessings, and He has chosen each of us from before the time we were knit in our mother's womb to be a FOREVER family! How BIG is that? How BIG is our God!?! Thank you for following our journey and for praying for us as we wait and continue to grow in the love of God! -- Blessings!



Liliana's Verses

Matthew 17:20 - " ... For truly I say to you, if you have faith like a grain of mustard seed, you will say to this mountain: "Move from here to there", and it will move, and nothing will be impossible for you."




Zephaniah 3:17 - The Lord your God is with you. He will take great delight in you, He will quiet you with His love, He will rejoice over you with singing.




Proverbs 3:5-6 ~ Trust in the Lord with all of your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways, acknowledge Him and He shall direct your paths.




Jeremiah 29:11 ~ For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans for wholeness and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope.


Thursday, December 30, 2010

Beccas Blessings 10?

Well you know, back last January I decided to create this blog because I thought... "I'm getting close, people are going to want to know what is going on." I chose Becca's Blessings 10 because I thought: "well, surely there will be some blessings in 2010"..... and there were! But, the truth is, 2010 was a challenging year! I thought my dossier was well on its way to approval in January, only to find out they needed one more paper... got it to them within 2-3 days, then it took them another month to approve my dossier: The BLESSING - it was approved on March 3rd. But, that is when the "testing" began.... I found out just a few weeks later that since I had been on antibiotics, which started in January, that I would have to have sinus surgery. So, I had that only to not heal and continued on antibiotics until September when I had to have sinus surgery #2. I looked sinus surgery #3 in the face and said "NO WAY!!" .... The BLESSING -- After starting a vitamin plan, sinus surgery #3 was CANCELED! I was rear-ended 3 times and once in a parking lot. One of the accidents was pretty bad..... The BLESSING -- I was NOT hurt! May-October were very difficult adoption months with lots of emotional "roller coasters" and having to make some of the most difficult decisions of my life..... The BLESSING -- God saw me through and gave me the wisdom that I needed! Then more adoption "toughness" in October & November.... The BLESSING --- God showed up BIG TIME in December! My precious little girl and I will be united in 2011!

So often, I focus on my circumstances instead of the BIG picture! Was this year tough in a lot of ways?...YES!! But, here is the truth, God is FAITHFUL even when we are walking in what appears to be utter darkness! Is everything always "hunky dory"? NO!! But, God knows us, He knows our hearts, our thoughts, our fears, our walls and our joys! Did I have a lot of growing to do this year?.... YES!! But, anytime there is growth, there will be growing pains! What have I learned? GOD IS FAITHFUL, even when we start to wonder if He really is or not. God makes beauty from the ashes, ALWAYS! Here's the thing, there are things so much worse that people go through every day.... there are many who feel that the sunlight will never shine on their face again! Pray for these, (I am challenging myself here too!)those that you know, that are in difficult times.... because God is faithful! Sometimes we just can't see it and we need others to believe it for us, just so that we can hold onto our own little mustard seed of faith! There were so many who believed for me, even when I was struggling to find my "mustard-seed sized" faith. We need those people in our lives! I thank the many who stood in the gap for me and my little one and were prayer warriors for us through the challenging times. Listen to God, you might be one of those people for someone else. It is my prayer that I can be that person for someone, that my experiences and my struggles and my BLESSINGS might glorify God and help someone else who is struggling to believe! The truth is, I know it is an ongoing journey to believe.... but HE is FAITHFUL ALL THE TIME!

May you find the BLESSINGS in your year as you look back on 2010, and may you choose to SEE your blessings in 2011. I am only beginning my journey with my little one! 2011 is going to be a joyous year, but there are still going to be many times that I have to TRUST in His FAITHFULNESS! So, please continue to pray for my little one and me! And, I pray that each and every one of you have a joyous and BLESSED 2011!
¡Próspero Año Nuevo!

"We walk by FAITH, not by sight." -- 2 Corinthians 5:7