On the Journey With My Chosen One!

I am sure you might wonder why I call her chosen rather than adopted.... well, adopted is just her physical condition, CHOSEN is what we both are to be a family together! God is so rich in His Blessings, and He has chosen each of us from before the time we were knit in our mother's womb to be a FOREVER family! How BIG is that? How BIG is our God!?! Thank you for following our journey and for praying for us as we wait and continue to grow in the love of God! -- Blessings!



Liliana's Verses

Matthew 17:20 - " ... For truly I say to you, if you have faith like a grain of mustard seed, you will say to this mountain: "Move from here to there", and it will move, and nothing will be impossible for you."




Zephaniah 3:17 - The Lord your God is with you. He will take great delight in you, He will quiet you with His love, He will rejoice over you with singing.




Proverbs 3:5-6 ~ Trust in the Lord with all of your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways, acknowledge Him and He shall direct your paths.




Jeremiah 29:11 ~ For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans for wholeness and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope.


Sunday, May 15, 2011

Our First Week Home

Wow! What a CRAZY busy week! Monday was kind of spent recovering from our trip still. Tuesday, we went for a visit to Lifeline to meet all of those who prayed for us and helped Mamá get this precious one home! It was a fun visit! Then Wednesday was a BIG day! We had a retirement reception for someone in my department at school, so we made a quick appearance. She was a little tentative, but overall did really well! But, then we had to go to the International Adoption Clinic for her evaluation #1 there. I am so blessed to have this service in my community! The Doctors there are FABULOUS and they all understand Internationally Adopted children and the issues (healthwise and otherwise) that they come with because they all have Internationally adopted children of their own! And, boy is this Mama glad that they understand b/c my child sees a stethescope and completely flips out! We had a very, very, very difficult 31/2 hour visit there, but that is behind us now! We will work on this going to the Dr. thing... it is tough for her, really tough! And, so far "Elmo" and his video about going tot he Dr. hasn't helped us, NADA! I had been seeing an increased lack of sleep in her, and the pediatrician was able to help with that, so that we could get on a more normal schedule.... let's hope so! But, she is doing much better sleepwise! Well, poor thing, Thursday was still a rough day for her.... she was overly exhausted from the past two weeks of not sleeping well, and then traumatized from the Dr's visit.... so we had a total of 7 meltdowns on Thursday..... 5 within 2 hours. Well, the thing is, I just can't blame her! I might be having meltdowns too if my world just got dumped upside down and I couldn't do anything about it! So, I pray for more grace, so that I can give it to her.... and leave a little for me! :-) Thank God, He has plenty of that to go around!
But, the good news is that the the weekend was a lot better! We are finally getting the sleep we need and she did great all weekend! Friday we had lunch with our friend Deanne, then Saturday morning a birthday party (she got to meet lots of internationally adopted children there) where she got to ride a carousel for the very first time! At first she wasn't so sure, but then when it got moving, she loved it... and asked for more when it stopped! She had a death grip on Mamá the whole time, but loved it none the less! Then we had Tia Valeria & Tio Rob and her new friend over for dinner.... she and her new friend played pretty well together and they had fun! It was good for Mamá too!! Today we went to SS school and she sat like a perfect little Angel through the whole SS hour! "Lord, can I PLEASE keep that FOREVER?" What an amazing gift it was to me to be able to go to church today! I have missed my church and my SS group soooooo much over the last 6 weeks! It was a gift to all of us to have this sweet answered prayer sitting in class with us this morning! There are so many who have prayed for her and me in the last 2 years and 8 months..... and it brought joy to all of us to see His perfect gift with us today! Then we went to what will be her SS class and she seemed to like it pretty good! She was stuck to Mamá like glue, but eventually started warming up! Hopefully, in a month or so, she'll be comfortable enough to stay there. Then, nap time (she took a good long one!) and then off to the park to play! Oh, and she remembered it very well from last week! She went looking for all her favorite parts of the park! She had a good time! We got to meet some more of Mama's friends who were great "big brothers" to her..... and they brought her Papa Lay..... a HUGE box of them!!! She had a small meltdown b/c she was mad at Mamá for taking her off the playground to find some other adventures....Ooops, sorry little one!
The best news is that she is bonding! There are things that we don't even think about that show bonding, like wrapping her legs around my waist when I carry her, looking for me when I leave her presence, asking for me..... ALL of these things she is doing this week! She even wraps her little arms around my neck and lays her head on my shoulder! Oh! What an answer to prayer! Please continue to pray, while giving thanks to God, for her attachment! Learning to attach is a daily process! It also comes with a little bit more testing. Now, her testing so far as been really mild, but she has started testing the waters a little bit.... so please pray that I will continue to give her grace and gentleness even when I have to discipline her a little bit. Thankfully, she isn't difficult to discipline. I can say something to her, even mildly, and it hurts her feelings...... so she corrects pretty easily! She is a gentle and sweet soul (who can fight like the Karate Kid --- just ask the pediatrician and nurse who took her blood!)! But, please continue to pray for wisdom, strength, courage, and grace as we continue to navigate into her new BIG world! Also, PLEASE continue to pray for the resiliency that my little one needs during all of these adjustments!! Thank you for your continued prayers! I covet them, each and every one! And, I pray the Lord's blessing on each one who has walked with us throught his journey!
Blessings!
PS A few pics of her favorite things... the Cozy Coupe & the Park!