On the Journey With My Chosen One!

I am sure you might wonder why I call her chosen rather than adopted.... well, adopted is just her physical condition, CHOSEN is what we both are to be a family together! God is so rich in His Blessings, and He has chosen each of us from before the time we were knit in our mother's womb to be a FOREVER family! How BIG is that? How BIG is our God!?! Thank you for following our journey and for praying for us as we wait and continue to grow in the love of God! -- Blessings!



Liliana's Verses

Matthew 17:20 - " ... For truly I say to you, if you have faith like a grain of mustard seed, you will say to this mountain: "Move from here to there", and it will move, and nothing will be impossible for you."




Zephaniah 3:17 - The Lord your God is with you. He will take great delight in you, He will quiet you with His love, He will rejoice over you with singing.




Proverbs 3:5-6 ~ Trust in the Lord with all of your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways, acknowledge Him and He shall direct your paths.




Jeremiah 29:11 ~ For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans for wholeness and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope.


Wednesday, May 4, 2011

There's No Place Like Home!

First of all, THANK YOU all for praying us home! I was very nervous about going back through Immigration last night, but God granted us a very nice Immigration Officer this time who was so glad that we were getting through this time! He checked all the paperwork and started scanning passport barcodes.... I almost couldn't restrain myself from jumping up and down! We all got through and then about half way past the officials we all did a HUGE high 5 and I did a HUGE sigh of relief!! We got to our gate and I could finally breathe! Then this nice Japanese man came and sat down and gave her some candy.... which was really nice, but then he started taking pictures of her and me, seriously it was Paparazzi like and I almost had to be ugly about all the pictures he was taking! It bordered on really strange.... I did feel better when I saw him taking pictures of some other Peruvians too, it was just a strange thing!


So, we finally boarded our flight and my Precious Peruvian... the WHOLE time we were at the airport was a perfect Angel! I couldn't believe it! If it were me, I would have been screaming the whole time from the frustration of the night before! But, she did great! We got on the plane and she flew (again) like she was the Princess of Delta Airlines and she slept pretty good for a couple of hours. AMAZING! Then this morning she was ready to go, waited patiently through US Immigration (a COMPLETELY different experience here!), then as we went through customs and on to our next flight. We did have to break out a well deserved can of Pringles (Papa Lay)! She was such a trooper after that! We flew to B'ham and were greeted at the airport by a few friends and my wonderful SW at Lifeline! It was a sweet gathering, and my Precious Peruvian didn't even frown at anyone!! She said "Hello and Goodbye" to everyone who was there even though they were strangers! AMAZING! And, she was sooo tired! Then came my next worry.... the car seat! Well, I told her she had her own special seat, she jumped right in it and was even trying to help me buckle the seatbelt, as if she had ever ridden in a car seat before! AMAZING! She didn't once complain and within about 5 minutes she was fast asleep! We stopped ont he way home.... through a drive through.... and got some lunch, then we came home, getting out wasn't so good, but again she didn't know where she was. After about 10 mins with her music, she was fine all over again! AMAZING!! Wherever I am, she is content to be and while she has a few moments, she recovers so well! Again, a HUGE answer to prayer for resiliency for her!

Loving the airplane seat... her very own!

Then we showed her her new room.... she kept saying "¡Oh Mira!"..... "Oh look!"! She was too cute, a little overwhelmed, but too cute! She loved her little beauty shop and seeing herself in the mirror.... too cute! Then we laid down for a nap, she fell asleep after a little bit, and slept well..... only to be awakened by her new friend.... Mia! Oh! I was so glad to see my little dog! I missed my sassy Chihuahua soooooo much! I am so thankful for those who took such good care of her while I was gone! She too was glad to be home too! She is now overseeing the blog.... to make sure that I get everything in there, like the millions of times she has licked her new friend! Mia has discovered that Liliana will be a good source of all the food Mom won't let her have! But, so far, they have gotten along great! Mia has done great with her except for the licking and Liliana has so far been ok with Mia too! Yay! Another answer to prayer!



Thank you to my precious friends who picked us up from the airport and came to see us there today, my precious friend who stocked my fridge with groceries and even made dinner and these awesome muffins! Thank you to all of you who have offered to do things, I promise I will let you know if I need something! And, thank you to everyone for your thoughts, prayers and encouragements! The last 48 hours were one of the biggest hurdles I have had to face, but I just had to trust God more! And, He did provide.... not how I wanted Him to, but He did provide! My Precious Peruvian officially becomes a US Citizen at midnight tonight! She will maintain dual citizenship, which is great for her, but I am so excited that we have now reached the next phase of the journey! And, thank you to the MANY who have prayed us this far!

Please continue to pray for us as we adjust to home! Already tonight, I could tell she felt at home, maybe because I feel "at home"! She loved her bathtub and I almost couldn't talk her into getting out! Please pray for her as I am sooooo glad to be home, she has had to give up her home! So, please pray for her as she goes through the process of grieving her old home (some of this has already taken place) and as she adjusts to her new home and new friends! Please continue to pray for wisdom, strength and courage for me and resiliency and continued attachment for Liliana! Please join me in giving ALL Glory & Honor to the only One Worthy! It is by His great love for us that the desire to adopt grew in my heart! He has shown me His Faithfulness, Power, Strength & how to rely solely on Him alone!

By the way, we are still working on transitioning her name.... for now her nickname is Pili.... so she may not answer to Lillie or Liliana..... we'll be working on that now that we are home! Thank you again for everything.... this very tired Mamá is going to go to bed now!
Blessings & Love!