On the Journey With My Chosen One!

I am sure you might wonder why I call her chosen rather than adopted.... well, adopted is just her physical condition, CHOSEN is what we both are to be a family together! God is so rich in His Blessings, and He has chosen each of us from before the time we were knit in our mother's womb to be a FOREVER family! How BIG is that? How BIG is our God!?! Thank you for following our journey and for praying for us as we wait and continue to grow in the love of God! -- Blessings!



Liliana's Verses

Matthew 17:20 - " ... For truly I say to you, if you have faith like a grain of mustard seed, you will say to this mountain: "Move from here to there", and it will move, and nothing will be impossible for you."




Zephaniah 3:17 - The Lord your God is with you. He will take great delight in you, He will quiet you with His love, He will rejoice over you with singing.




Proverbs 3:5-6 ~ Trust in the Lord with all of your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways, acknowledge Him and He shall direct your paths.




Jeremiah 29:11 ~ For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans for wholeness and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope.


Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Blessing Day!

Oh my there is soooo much to say today, I don't even know where to begin! But, I will start with what I know you all really want to know about! First of all, I can only say one thing. Glory to God for the GREAT thing HE has done! I am so overwhelmed with excitement, emotion and so full of God's love that I can't even begin to explain it! Today's meeting with my sweet one was a COMPLETE GOD SHOW! And when I say a God Show, I am talking a HUGE God show, like when he held the sun still so that the Israelites could win the battle or like when the after the 7th time around the Wall of Jericho and the trumpet blew and the walls just came down.... it was that kind of God show! And, all I can say is praised be to HIM who LOVES us, each one of us beyond measure!

Yesterday, the meeting with the psychologist in Lima went well, but she was very hesitant about our first meeting and really advised me not to get my hopes up. Well, I didn't, I went to the Lord as did so many of you! I know you did b/c I had complete and utter peace ALL DAY long! The psychologist here in Peru and at her home both said she might completely shut down in the presence of strangers and in fact all other adults besides me and her caregivers watched from a window. And, the best part was that it was play time and they wanted me to play with her, well I thought, I would rather be playing with her than sitting akwardly in a room waiting for them to come place her in my lap. So off came my shoes, and I entered her world! We all played as a group for a while, with other children from her group and as I came in the room she began to notice me, and looked at me a little funny.....as if to say "Hey, don't I know you from somewhere?" Then one of her caregivers said give the ball to Mama and she turned to me and said "Mamá" Then she slowly began to warm up to me, then all of suddden started giving me hugs and kisses and calling me "Mamá, Mamá" When asked "Where is Mamá?" she would touch my forehead and say "Mamá aquí".... Mama is here! And, all I could say was, "Yes, Mama is here!" She then even allowed me to feed her, mind you she can feed herself, but this is such an important bonding tool, and she allowed me the first time we ever met to feed her, to take care of her. AMAZING!! Then it was time for her to go to bed.... her caregiver took her upstairs, but it took about 5 minutes because she kept stopping and turning around to say "adios Mamá, adios".

EVERYONE was surprised at how well our first meeting went, no one could believe that a first time meeting with parent and child could go so well! And, all praises are to God alone because it is beacuse of your prayers and His preparing the way that today went so well! And, I have to give thanks to the wonderful caregivers and directors and psychologist of her home for all of the work that they have done to prepare her for this first meeting! Each day in this part of the process can look entirely different, so please continue to pray for bonding to continue and for her to continue making the connection of what a Mama is in her little heart! And, THANK YOU for the prayers that have gotten me to this part of the journey! I am so incredibly blessed by the prayers that have been offered up for us, and God answered so many of them today!

Today EVERY one of these prayers from yesterday's blog were answered-- here they are just as a reminder b/c when I re-read them, I had to come back and add this!
"All I can ask for is that you continue fervently praying the prayer that I have been asking for, and that is that God will prepare our hearts for one another when we meet tomorrow! I believe in praying specifically, so please pray that she will not shut down at our first meeting and that she will warm up to me rather quickly. Please pray that all of the work from the orphange is not in vain, as they have worked very hard to prepare her for me, but there is a huge leap between a picture or video and the real person. Please pray for God's hand and spirit to be evident, and that she will surprise everyone!"

Well, here is what I know you all really want.... a few pictures of our very special day!