On the Journey With My Chosen One!

I am sure you might wonder why I call her chosen rather than adopted.... well, adopted is just her physical condition, CHOSEN is what we both are to be a family together! God is so rich in His Blessings, and He has chosen each of us from before the time we were knit in our mother's womb to be a FOREVER family! How BIG is that? How BIG is our God!?! Thank you for following our journey and for praying for us as we wait and continue to grow in the love of God! -- Blessings!



Liliana's Verses

Matthew 17:20 - " ... For truly I say to you, if you have faith like a grain of mustard seed, you will say to this mountain: "Move from here to there", and it will move, and nothing will be impossible for you."




Zephaniah 3:17 - The Lord your God is with you. He will take great delight in you, He will quiet you with His love, He will rejoice over you with singing.




Proverbs 3:5-6 ~ Trust in the Lord with all of your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways, acknowledge Him and He shall direct your paths.




Jeremiah 29:11 ~ For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans for wholeness and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope.


Friday, April 29, 2011

Getting Closer!

Well, apparently I got too used to that "Peruvian Time"! Today we went to the Embassy and everything moved really fast... too fast! I had a frustrating start as I ended up having to throw out all of the things to keep my little Peruvian happy --- water, juice, pudding! I thought, "Oh great, here I am with nothing to give her to drink and we are going to sit in another 90 degree room for 2 hours!" So, my mindset and attitude weren't too good this morning! I had already had a frustrating morning with the hotel staff, here in most places it is customary for them to call a taxi for you.... apparently, this guy didn't know that and kept saying he couldn't call one for me. After somewhat politely telling him that all I needed was a phone book, I would call myself, he finally got with the program! We did end up with a great driver too! So, back to the Embassy, our appointment went along very smoothly and went really well! The Consul asked me when we were planning to return home and I explained to her that I needed to get home as soon as possible b/c my Precious Peruvian needed some more solid routine and I needed to be home in B'ham and she said "Oh!" and understood! All paperwork should be ready to go on Monday by 3:00 pm. We were sort of hoping for a little faster turn around (like TODAY) but we'll take Monday, it is what we had hoped for all along!
So, our plan is to fly out of here on Monday night late and arrive into B'ham (again PLEASE pray that all goes well with the flights!) on Tuesday around noon! We are excited to be close! We get to spend some time this weekend with the precious Austin Family who has been so good to us while we have been here this month! And, there are a few things we haven't done yet like, put our feet in the Pacific Ocean (well, I have before, but not Mom nor Liliana Pilar), visit the Larco Mar and the Inka Market! So, we still have a busy few days before leaving here! Thankfully, we are back at the IMB Guesthouse and this is one happy Mamá! We have a kitchen, place to sit and eat and living room and then a bedroom with room for each of us! Last night, I had to give my Precious Peruvian a shower (she was terrified of the water coming down) but tonight, I could give her a bath and she was happy as a clam! Mamá was happy too!
I am so thankful that all of our process is over! All we have to do is await approval from the US..... no worries here, just formality! I kind of feel like a weight has been lifted off of my shoulders a bit! I can sit back and breathe! My Precious Peruvian has done really well the last couple of days, in spite of all of the chaos going on around her! And, we are almost home! Some things to pray for... Mamá now has a bit of what Grammie had last week! We aren't sure if it was something I drank or if it was a virus that she had, and now I have! My feeling bad is nothing compared to hers, but PLEASE pray for me to feel better soon! And, please continue to pray for us as we prepare to come home! Pray that we will enjoy our last two days here. And, PLEASE pray that we will be able to make all of our flights and that we will be home at noon on Tuesday!
Love & Blessings & Continued Prayers for all those affected by the tornadoes.