On the Journey With My Chosen One!

I am sure you might wonder why I call her chosen rather than adopted.... well, adopted is just her physical condition, CHOSEN is what we both are to be a family together! God is so rich in His Blessings, and He has chosen each of us from before the time we were knit in our mother's womb to be a FOREVER family! How BIG is that? How BIG is our God!?! Thank you for following our journey and for praying for us as we wait and continue to grow in the love of God! -- Blessings!



Liliana's Verses

Matthew 17:20 - " ... For truly I say to you, if you have faith like a grain of mustard seed, you will say to this mountain: "Move from here to there", and it will move, and nothing will be impossible for you."




Zephaniah 3:17 - The Lord your God is with you. He will take great delight in you, He will quiet you with His love, He will rejoice over you with singing.




Proverbs 3:5-6 ~ Trust in the Lord with all of your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways, acknowledge Him and He shall direct your paths.




Jeremiah 29:11 ~ For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans for wholeness and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope.


Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Shhhh..... Don't tell Mamá

¡Hola! Me llamo Liliana Pilar!……oops! I forgot that most of you don’t speak my heart language! That’s ok, I’ll get Mom to help me! I wanted to tell you a little bit about me, but I know Mamá has been putting lots of things in her blog already! The truth is that I am still learning my new name and well English is really hard, especially when you are still learning your own heart language! I am still getting used to the outside world. While my Caregivers loved me very, very much and did so much to prepare me to meet my Mamá, there is a whole world of new things out there that I am not sure about and don’t understand! I do love being outside and enjoy walking! But, I really don’t like it when people approach me and want to touch me. It isn’t because I don’t like people, it is just because I don’t know you and I have only known the same 6-10 people my whole life! Just getting to know my Mamá is hard for me and well, it wears me out! I do love people, but it will take me a while to show you. If I frown at you when you talk to me, I am working on a different response. Mamá doesn’t like it when I do that and she is teaching me how to say Hello to people even if I don’t want to, but that is hard too! It takes me a while to warm up to people, even children my own age. I know that they just want to play with me and love me and be my friend, but where I grew up, I had a few friends, but mostly we always had to compete for the attention of our caregivers or each other’s toys. I don’t know what it is to have my own toys. I do share really well Mamá says, especially the foods that I don’t like to eat! But, the truth is that I am still learning how to share because it is hard to share when everyone wants the same toy!
Hmmm…. Let’s see, the best way for us to know each other is for me to take my own time to warm up to you. Mamá tries to help me by telling me what’s coming next, but sometimes I just don’t understand! So, please be patient with me when I start moving out into my new world! Actually, my second new world! Mamá tells me that we’ll take a big plane and we will be on it for a while and then lots of lines and then on another plane…. It will be a very long trip to my new home! It will take me a while just to get over the trip! I don’t know much about planes, but I have been on one before when I was much younger. I just don’t know about this long distance flight….. oh I hope I get to sleep…. I bet Mamá does too!
Mamá tells me that so many people have been praying for me and love me already! While I don’t understand what all of this means, I know what love is and that so many have loved me and my Mamá for a very long time, and especially during our journey of finding each other. I know one day I will understand what this means and that I will appreciate it beyond measure! I know because everyone has prayed for me and loved me, they will all want to hold me, touch me, talk to me and do things for me. The truth is that right now Mamá is the only one that I will allow to do these things. And, right now, she is the only one that I trust enough to do them for me! (If someone could teach her to do my hair, that would be ok…. Don’t tell her I said this, but she is SLOW!!)But, because it is hard for me to get to know you, and even little one’s my age, I just need my Mamá right now. The best way for me right now is to get to know you in a comfortable environment, one at a time. I know Mamá can’t wait to take me to her school and to her church to show me off to everyone, but she and I have already talked and she understands that this might be too much for me,. So, we’ll work on it, little by little! But I know that I will soon be ready to meet everyone too!
Now, here’s the truth… Mamá is pretty new at all of this, so she will need some help, I am sure. By the way, the sooner she can get help with my hair the better!  Just kidding, I love for her to do my hair, she does get really frustrated with herself though!  So, anyhow, I know that she might need help in other areas, like meals, washing clothes, etc., but I know that she will ask for help if needed! The great thing is that she doesn’t have to go back to work right away and we can have some time together to adjust to our new life together and to my new life in the US. She says I am going to love it but that I have to go to several doctors, have lots of tests done and start therapy, and well that just sounds like a lot for me! We’ll see, please pray for God to give me strength and resiliency during these times. But, I am sure Mamá will let you know what she needs. Oh, by the way, I am not really used to American food yet, and did you know that Mamá has this crazy diet, all she can eat is chicken, fish and turkey, no creamy stuff, no cheese….. SAD!! She eats almost the same thing here everyday….. I can’t wait for some variety!  I have a feeling that I will love Macaroni & Cheese --- the best part is, I don’t even have to share with Mamá…. Although I would!
Well, let me get to the point here…. Mamá and I will definitely need your prayers and your help! I just wanted to let you know a little bit about me so that you and I could have a good meeting from the start. For a long time, Mamá will need to be the only one who takes care of me and who gives me things. I already love her so much, but I still need to know that she is mine alone, that I don’t have to share her with anyone! And, I would love for people to come visit me little by little at my house, this is where I will eventually feel most comfortable, at least that is what Mamá tells me. We can try visiting at a park sometime, I LOVE to swing! So, please don’t be offended at Mamá if she says that “Today isn’t a good day for me to go play or that we just need to stay home for the afternoon.” I will soon grow used to this new way of life and the new and wonderful people in my life! I can’t wait to meet new friends and all of Mamá’s friends, but as I said earlier, it will just have to be “poco a poco” --- “little by little”! I have heard how these adoptions stories work out and that there is always a group of people at the airport waiting for us to come home, I think Mamá would love it! But, it will be a very long flight and I may be really scared and grouchy, and not feel up to meeting people, so please understand if I frown at you or cry…. I am just not sure of all the new things going on around me!
Thank you for loving me already and for praying for Me and my Mamá! I already know in my heart that we were meant to be together forever, and I can’t wait until I am ready to meet everyone and start school and meet my doggie Mia….. so many things to do!
Love Always,
Liliana Pilar

PS Mamá would also like you to know that we got to Lima all safe and sound! There is a prayer's chance after all that we could be all finished on Friday.... PLEASE pray that we can come home on Saturday! Oh yeah, and I have no idea how to do those picture thingies she does, she always waits until I am asleep..... well, she fell asleep before me this time!