On the Journey With My Chosen One!

I am sure you might wonder why I call her chosen rather than adopted.... well, adopted is just her physical condition, CHOSEN is what we both are to be a family together! God is so rich in His Blessings, and He has chosen each of us from before the time we were knit in our mother's womb to be a FOREVER family! How BIG is that? How BIG is our God!?! Thank you for following our journey and for praying for us as we wait and continue to grow in the love of God! -- Blessings!



Liliana's Verses

Matthew 17:20 - " ... For truly I say to you, if you have faith like a grain of mustard seed, you will say to this mountain: "Move from here to there", and it will move, and nothing will be impossible for you."




Zephaniah 3:17 - The Lord your God is with you. He will take great delight in you, He will quiet you with His love, He will rejoice over you with singing.




Proverbs 3:5-6 ~ Trust in the Lord with all of your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways, acknowledge Him and He shall direct your paths.




Jeremiah 29:11 ~ For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans for wholeness and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope.


Sunday, April 17, 2011

Fun with Daily Life!

Today was a quiet day! I love those! I realized today that this first week of having my Precious Peruvian with me must be like the first week you are home with a new baby..... well, there are plusses and minuses to each one though! But, today we did our usual breakfast thing and then it was time for little bit to get a bath, as we had nothing planned for this morning.... she loved it! A friend gave me these little tablets that you put int he water to turn it colors.... the first one out was yellow, she thought it was great, but I have to say..... yellow was a little disconcerting to me! Next time we'll make green or orange or some other color! :-) But, seriously, she loved the fact that the water was a different color! She played until the water got cold! She loves to have the water poured over her head to wash her hair (thank you God!) but, it is a little hard to know if you got all the shampoo out..... but I thinks we did! After dressing and playing a bit here in the room, we went to the Plaza de Armas.... she wanted to buy the bird food, but didn't really want to feed the pigeons.... so we bought bird food from the same sweet little girl who asks us if we'll buy some! I gave a 1 Sol, the equivalent of about 35cents, which was double what she asked for and told her to keep it, you would have thought I gave her the moon! "Gracias, she said with a BIG smile on her face!" It was my day to be blessed by her joy!"

We made it back a little late for ordering lunch.... and by the way, while they know me, love me and certainly enjoy my business, they still don't get in any hurry here! I think eating out here is a luxury and they figure you want to really enjoy your time there...... except my time is sometimes with a crying and over-stimulated child, who is really ready for the solace of her new "home"..... not enjoying it so much! But, 30 mins later, we had lunch and set off to the hotel to eat it! She ate well and then came upstairs for her nap.... which we didn't get to take until 2:30 today! Oh well! I have been practicing with her walking after dinner the last few nights... tonight she was willing to go all the way back to the Plaza de Armas! We went to see if there was any Diet Coke at this primarily American grocery store there. Unfortunately, only Coke Zero--- Sorry Grammy! But, I couldn't believe that she was willing to walk back that far.... great step!

Today we have been talking about how tomorrow morning we'll go pick up Grammie from the airport and that we are going to get to see her for the first time and that she is going to fly in a plane to see us.... I hope that it helps prepare her! We have been skyping, but have had to miss the last couple nights. So, pray all this goes well! She does say "Grammie" now and is leaning some new words in English. Some of the English words are actually easier to say... but not all of them! :-) And, thanks to a sweet friend who let us use his Leap Frog.... she can now almost sing the ABC's in English and Spanish! She loves this toy!

Today, I am missing my precious church family too! I have to admit I am just about to be a little Homesick.... good thing Mom comes tomorrow, that will help! But, thank you to my precious friends for praying! I think of you all! And, my choir pals, I know you did a fantastic job today! I can't wait to try to download the video and see today's service! I was reminded by the numerous church goers with flowers and palm fronds in their hands of the Beautiful sacrifice our Lord made for us! And, while today was His triumphal entry, He knew the sacrifice He would have to make later this week! I am so blessed by Easter.... the picture of God's Love for each one of us!

Today, I am thanking God for His wonderful provisions, for getting my Mom to Lima and for the wonderufl Austin Family for taking such good care of her! She learned very quickly about the traffic here and that pedestrians don't have the right of way.... it is more like target practice.... and I am thanking God for her safety today! I am praising the Lord for this sweet gift he has given me and I am so blessed by your faithfulness to pray for me and for Liliana... and my Mom too! Oh how I can't wait to see her tomorrow!!!!! Please pray for continued safety as she flies to Cusco and for her to be able to adjust to the altitude here.... it took me a couple of days and I have been at higher altitudes than this before. So, thank you again for your love and prayers!
Blessings!

I figured 2 days without a picture, I better have at least one to post! :-) Here ya go!
Hoping the pigeons really don't come for the food!

Such a beautiful smile.... who can resist taking her picture?!?!?

My Precious Peruvian with her hometown of Cusco behind her!