On the Journey With My Chosen One!

I am sure you might wonder why I call her chosen rather than adopted.... well, adopted is just her physical condition, CHOSEN is what we both are to be a family together! God is so rich in His Blessings, and He has chosen each of us from before the time we were knit in our mother's womb to be a FOREVER family! How BIG is that? How BIG is our God!?! Thank you for following our journey and for praying for us as we wait and continue to grow in the love of God! -- Blessings!



Liliana's Verses

Matthew 17:20 - " ... For truly I say to you, if you have faith like a grain of mustard seed, you will say to this mountain: "Move from here to there", and it will move, and nothing will be impossible for you."




Zephaniah 3:17 - The Lord your God is with you. He will take great delight in you, He will quiet you with His love, He will rejoice over you with singing.




Proverbs 3:5-6 ~ Trust in the Lord with all of your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways, acknowledge Him and He shall direct your paths.




Jeremiah 29:11 ~ For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans for wholeness and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope.


Saturday, April 16, 2011

Mama Said There Would Be Days Like This.....

Yep, she did! Mama said that there would be good days and bad days! I have to say though that today wasn't all bad. But, my Precious Peruvian grieved today! She had already not really been having a great morning, the restaurant didn't go as well today as yesterday.... but then at luch she had a meltdown and was asking for her little friend! Oh, how it broke my heart to hear her weep for her little friend! I knew this day and possibly more were coming, and it is good that they come.... but it doesn't make it any easier! Thankfully, her orphanage director gave me some of her favorite music and it indeed calmed her right down..... I held her, rocked her and just let her listen to the music. You see, when you grieve, there aren't any words that someone can say to you to make the hurt go away.... it is just best to let her grieve. So, we did... grieved together! I am sad for her little friend too! I wish I could have taken her with us.... but unfortunately it doesn't work that way! So, then I just put her down for a nap..... the best thing to do..... I hoped!

Well, sure enough, three hours later, she woke up and felt more herself again! She made up for the missed lunch and ate and ate and ate! She was so hungry! But, what a great sign of resiliency! You see this is why I have been begging for these prayers of resiliency.... sometimes it is so hard for orphans to realize that they aren't going to be left again, and that while they have left friends and loved ones behind, they will make new friends and loved ones..... they just can't help it, no matter their age! But, after listening to her favorite music for a while, she pointed to me and said Mamá.... and when she woke up from her nap, it was all hugs and kisses for Mamá! Yay for resiliency for today!! Resiliency isn't a one time thing.... she has to practice it everyday, and sometimes every hour of every day! So, thank you for those prayer and keep them coming! I still need them, and I really still need prayers for wisdom and strength and courage!

Over the past two weeks I have received some of the most encouraging e-mails and FB messages, and I can not even begin to tell you how much they mean to me! This has been a journey.... sometimes a long one, but while here this week, I haven't felt alone at all! You know why, because HE has been with me every second, every minute of every day! He was watched over us, protected us, and loved us in unimaginable ways! In some of these e-mails, many of you have expressed how my story has helped grow your faith..... Oh, what sweet joy this is to my heart! You see, my blog is to bring Honor and Glory to God! He is the giver of this dream of mine and I sometimes have to stop and catch my breath because His love has taken my breath away! I have my "Mustard Seed" sized faith and that is all I have to offer. You may have seen it in a few pictures, but this past summer when things looked like they would never progress, and that this journey was going to be even longer than expected, a precious friend gave me a bracelet with a Mustard Seed and the verse for Matthew 17:20..... now I wear a heart necklace with a mustard seed in it.....there is an earlier blog about this verse and my Precious Peruvian's name and its meaning..... her name means... "Strong in Faith" and the verse with it was Matthew 17:20.... this is her given name, that is. So, it was with this Mustard Seed of faith that I began to pray about adopting this one who is my Precious Peruvian..... and only a Mustard Seed size of faith I brought with me.... oh I hoped and prayed things would go wonderfully..... but I had NO IDEA just how much more than I could ever think or imagine that God would bless this part of the journey. For some it has been really hard, and I knew that was a possibility..... but God has AMAZED me with what HE has done with my little Mustard Seed! So, to those of you who know in your heart of hearts that God is calling you to do something.... it doesn't have to be adoption (although God does call us to care for orphans, but not everyone is called to adopt.... I wish they were!) but step out with a Mustard Seed sized faith and see what God can do! I can tell you this, HE moved major mountains for my little one and I to be together..... and HE WILL do it for you too! Take your dream to him, or ask Him to give you a dream and He will do just that, because His desire is that we Honor and Glorify Him! I am so humbled every time I get an e-mail or FB message of how God has used my story to touch the lives of others that I am brought to tears b/c while part of this is about me and a Precious Peruvian..... it is really all about HIM and my prayer is that ALL will come to know HIM and HIS amazing GRACE and beautiful heart for us!
Blessings!
Sorry, no pics again today..... waiting anxiously to hear that my Mom has arrived in Lima! Can't wait to see her on Monday!