On the Journey With My Chosen One!

I am sure you might wonder why I call her chosen rather than adopted.... well, adopted is just her physical condition, CHOSEN is what we both are to be a family together! God is so rich in His Blessings, and He has chosen each of us from before the time we were knit in our mother's womb to be a FOREVER family! How BIG is that? How BIG is our God!?! Thank you for following our journey and for praying for us as we wait and continue to grow in the love of God! -- Blessings!



Liliana's Verses

Matthew 17:20 - " ... For truly I say to you, if you have faith like a grain of mustard seed, you will say to this mountain: "Move from here to there", and it will move, and nothing will be impossible for you."




Zephaniah 3:17 - The Lord your God is with you. He will take great delight in you, He will quiet you with His love, He will rejoice over you with singing.




Proverbs 3:5-6 ~ Trust in the Lord with all of your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways, acknowledge Him and He shall direct your paths.




Jeremiah 29:11 ~ For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans for wholeness and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope.


Thursday, April 28, 2011

On Peruvian Time Again!

Today was another one of those CRAZY days! Soon, we will be home and things can settle a bit and be in a routine! Oh, how Mamá misses her routine! I keep waiting for the bell to ring to end this class period, but it isn't there..... Mamá is really missing her schedule! Right now we live on Peruvian time! This means that you have your Dr's appointment scheduled for 10:00 am.... at a private clinic, mind you, this is an "American" clinic! We go and wait for over an hour in a room that is about 90 degrees with a 3 year old who doesn't really like the whole situation to begin with! Then, we are told that before she can see the Dr. she needs some more vaccines -- she had to have chicken pox (of which she has already had the chicken pox) the flu vaccine and the pneumonia vaccine---- thanks United States, you don't require my 3 year old to have one if she was born there, but because she is coming from a differnt country we have to have them before she gets there! Oh my! And, to the tune of about $250! While I had the money in the bank, it was not with me at the time... so poor Mom had to run to find an ATM to pay for this part! The other Office visit part was about $70. Ok--- honestly US Gov't, REALLY?!?!? I know, I know, it is best for her and a good thing to have everyone inocculated before they enter the US... but can we get a little heas's up on that?!?!?
So, on to the shots part.... did I mention before that my child is TERRIFIED of Doctors? I really mean TERRIFIED! I was barely strong enough to hold her down for the nurse to give her the 3 vaccines that she needed! Then on top of this we still had to see the Doctor! I can say this for him, he was really good, and really good with her, although she wasn't impressed! Thankfully, we made it through! We went to lunch and came back here to rest! Nothing happens fast around here, so it took almost an hour and a half to eat lunch! ---By this point we were all worn out!
I woke up from my nap, only to realize that I had to go to the ATM again for tomorrow's visit to the Embassy! Oh, the joys of living in a place where a car is a luxury! I had to walk six blocks back to where we had lunch to get to an ATM.... all they while order dinner for room service, check on a taxi for tomorrow and see about checking out of this hotel in the morning so that we can move to the IMB Guesthouse tomorrow! Craziness! :-)
Sorry if I sound like I am complaining... I don't mean to be! I am so thankful so for many things! There are frustrating things in life (usually the small stuff!) and we just have to see beyond these things! I am thankful that so far, all of my friends and family are ok --- not sure about any damage yet for some of them, but sounds like things are ok! Thank you to those of you who e-mailed me to let me know that everything was ok in our area! I am praying for those affected by the storms and have NO words for the pictures and videos that I have seen here! It is devastating! (Understatement of the century!) Please pray for our Embassy appointment tomorrow! I will have an interview, please pray for me to use some wise and polite assertiveness in letting them know that we need to get home! First of all, we need to get home so that my Precious Peruvian can finally be in one place.... HOME for a while! right now, she doesn't understand all of these changes and she is PERFECTLY unimpressed by all of the "red-tape!" Our hope and prayer is to be able to fly out of here late Monday night and be in B'ham around noon on Tuesday! PLEASE, PLEASE help pray us home! While I have loved my time here, I am ready for home! I miss my little sassy Chihuahua and CAN NOT wait to have those doggie kisses on my chin! :-) Of course, she might be PERFECTLY unimpressed that I am bringing home a little one.... you can pray for that too!
Thank you for your continued thoughts and prayers in the midst of the tragedy going on around us at home! I join you in praying for these victims! And, for those of you not from the B'ham area, please pray for my sweet city! Sweet Home Alabama, I can not wait to see you again!
Blessings & Prayers!