On the Journey With My Chosen One!

I am sure you might wonder why I call her chosen rather than adopted.... well, adopted is just her physical condition, CHOSEN is what we both are to be a family together! God is so rich in His Blessings, and He has chosen each of us from before the time we were knit in our mother's womb to be a FOREVER family! How BIG is that? How BIG is our God!?! Thank you for following our journey and for praying for us as we wait and continue to grow in the love of God! -- Blessings!



Liliana's Verses

Matthew 17:20 - " ... For truly I say to you, if you have faith like a grain of mustard seed, you will say to this mountain: "Move from here to there", and it will move, and nothing will be impossible for you."




Zephaniah 3:17 - The Lord your God is with you. He will take great delight in you, He will quiet you with His love, He will rejoice over you with singing.




Proverbs 3:5-6 ~ Trust in the Lord with all of your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways, acknowledge Him and He shall direct your paths.




Jeremiah 29:11 ~ For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans for wholeness and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope.


Friday, April 22, 2011

Mama said there would be days like this ... Part 2

Well, unfortunately, yesterdays nap (actually, lack thereof) caught up with us today! My Precious Peruvian woke up on the wrong side of her "camita" this morning! She was a little back and forth about how she was doing while getting dressed, but was doing ok, until we were headed down the stairs. Well, I am not sure what she was doing, but she was about to fall, so I picked her up and carried her down the stairs..... well, this is NOT what we do on the stairs.... she always gets to walk down, and well, Mom's idea did not go over very well. I was able to calm her down after a bit and we sat down to eat breakfast. I don't know if she was still mad at me or if some women sitting near us had tried to engage her.... maybe both, but she shut down. She wouldn't eat, not even her banana.... and this is sacred breakfast food! So, well Mom and I finished breakfast and I was just about to give up on her eating breakfast and the women at the other table left. She watched as each one of them left and then when they were all gone, she piped up and returned to her normal happy self and began eating her breakfast.... so I am not all together sure what happened. Needless to say, Mamá was already worn out, so we came back to the room for a while to get ourselves back together again.

After an hour or so in the room, she was better and again started being her happy, sometimes very silly self! Well, we decided to head to the Plaza to see what we could get done today.... on the way there my Precious Peruvian was so excited and jumping (all while holding Mamá's hand) she tripped and did a massive face plant right ont he sidewalk! This Mamá heard her head hit and right about that time 3 American men saw it happen and all at once gasped and said "She hit her head!" I immediately snatched her up, checked her little face for blood and held her for a while! SCARED ME TO DEATH! Thank goodness Grammie was there b/c everything I was holding went flying! After a few minutes of consolation and wiping her face, she and I both realized she was ok! She has a little scrape under her nose and a pretty nice size goose-egg on her forehead, but her beautiful hair covers it up! I am sure it is't the first goose-egg she has ever had and probably won't be the last, but Mamá could do without another one, that is for sure! It wasn't exactly the Easter Egg I had in mind for her! Poor thing!

I will say, I saw lots of resliency today!!!! She recovered very quickly from both events and just went on being her happy self! Lunch took FOREVER today and so we came back for naptime. She did nap after a little bit and we just hung out here for supper! Unfortunately, lunch didn't really seem to agree with any of the three of us today, so we have all felt a little yucky this evening! The good news is.... TOMORROW IS ANOTHER DAY!!! Thank you Lord!

Please pray for all of us to feel better tomorrow and for tomrrow to be a better day! Please also pray for us tomorrow as the Director of her orphanage comes here for a visit. This is not an official visit or anything like that, she just wanted to see my Precious Peruvian one last time before we left and she wanted to see me again and meet my Mom. No, this doesn't usually happen with adoptions, but the Director and I created such a bond while I was at the orphanage that I want to see her too! I had a few letters to give her, things that I couldn't eve get out without just "boo-hooing", so I thougth it better to put it in written form. I am looking foward to keeping up contact with her and the other caregivers at the orphanage! They have been the only family my Precious Peruvian has ever known and they will forever have a special place in my heart! If I can talk any of you into adoption..... I would send you here to Peru, to Cusco, to my sweet ones home! You see, it isn't just an orphanage, those sweet people have worked as hard as they could to make it a HOME for these sweet children! Anyhow, please pray that I can keep it together as my Precious Peruvian the director say their "good-byes" and that Mamá can also say her "good-byes" without crying! Please continue to pray for wisdom, strength and courage, and for us to get back on schedule... it is making this Mamá, who normally lives her life by a schedule (with little reminder bells!) a little CRAZY! And, thank you for those continued prayers for RESILIENCY for my little one, she is doing great, so please keep them comin'! Oh! And, another praise... Grammie got another unprompted hug and kiss tonight! Yay!!!
Love & Blessings!
Pics Coming Tomorrow... we didn't get any today!