On the Journey With My Chosen One!

I am sure you might wonder why I call her chosen rather than adopted.... well, adopted is just her physical condition, CHOSEN is what we both are to be a family together! God is so rich in His Blessings, and He has chosen each of us from before the time we were knit in our mother's womb to be a FOREVER family! How BIG is that? How BIG is our God!?! Thank you for following our journey and for praying for us as we wait and continue to grow in the love of God! -- Blessings!



Liliana's Verses

Matthew 17:20 - " ... For truly I say to you, if you have faith like a grain of mustard seed, you will say to this mountain: "Move from here to there", and it will move, and nothing will be impossible for you."




Zephaniah 3:17 - The Lord your God is with you. He will take great delight in you, He will quiet you with His love, He will rejoice over you with singing.




Proverbs 3:5-6 ~ Trust in the Lord with all of your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways, acknowledge Him and He shall direct your paths.




Jeremiah 29:11 ~ For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans for wholeness and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope.


Monday, April 4, 2011

Surreal ~ But a Blessing

Hello All!
So at some point in the last couple of days it has really hit me how surreal all of this is! I can hardly believe that I am going to meet my little one tomorrow! I can not wait to post some pictures of her for all to see! I had my meeting with the SNA this morning. All went well, but there is a lot of concern of how my little one will respond to me when I meet her, as she has a tendency to shut down when in the presence of strangers. All I can ask for is that you continue fervently praying the prayer that I have been asking for, and that is that God will prepare our hearts for one another when we meet tomorrow! I believe in praying specifically, so please pray that she will not shut down at our first meeting and that she will warm up to me rather quickly. Please pray that all of the work from the orphange is not in vain, as they have worked very hard to prepare her for me, but there is a huge leap between a picture or video and the real person. Please pray for God's hand and spirit to be evident, and that she will surprise everyone! Yesterday, I talked to the director of her orphanage (via e-mail) and she said that she had been carrying around my picture for about two hours yesterday afternoon, saying Mamá several times. Please pray for God to make that connect in her little heart, as she really doesn't understand the concept of Mamá as we do. Thank you for all these prayers and aything else that God lays on your heart to pray for!

Please pray for my social worker and I as we fly to Cusco tomorrow and that I will continue to have wisdom, strength and courage in all of the days that will be ahead of me!

This afternoon, I got to spend a good long while with the wonderful Austin family who have been sooooo gracious to me while I have been here in Lima. They have taken care of so many things for me and have loved on me and been praying for me! Please lift them up and their work here in Peru, they are truly a blessing! It was a little bit foggy, but I am going to see if I can figure out how to add some pictures to my blog..... this is a trial run for tomorrow! Blessings to all of you, and thank you again for your MANY prayers! I do feel them! Please keep them coming!
Blessings!
Becca