On the Journey With My Chosen One!

I am sure you might wonder why I call her chosen rather than adopted.... well, adopted is just her physical condition, CHOSEN is what we both are to be a family together! God is so rich in His Blessings, and He has chosen each of us from before the time we were knit in our mother's womb to be a FOREVER family! How BIG is that? How BIG is our God!?! Thank you for following our journey and for praying for us as we wait and continue to grow in the love of God! -- Blessings!



Liliana's Verses

Matthew 17:20 - " ... For truly I say to you, if you have faith like a grain of mustard seed, you will say to this mountain: "Move from here to there", and it will move, and nothing will be impossible for you."




Zephaniah 3:17 - The Lord your God is with you. He will take great delight in you, He will quiet you with His love, He will rejoice over you with singing.




Proverbs 3:5-6 ~ Trust in the Lord with all of your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways, acknowledge Him and He shall direct your paths.




Jeremiah 29:11 ~ For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans for wholeness and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope.


Sunday, April 10, 2011

¡Oh Mamá!

Oh! What sweet words to hear! And, I get to hear them A LOT! While this is sweet music to this Mama's ears, it is also a really good sign of attachment! She did REALLY well today! She wasn't real sure about leaving again this morning, she knows. She knows that something is going on, and while she can't voice it, she knows. And, who wouldn't want to have a Mama at the only place they know and love!?!? I would! So, please continue to pray for my little one! And, pray for those who have loved and cared for her since she was born, they are so happy she has found a "Forever Mama", but I know it breaks their hearts to see her go! And, it breaks my heart for them. Several times today I was brought to tears just thinking of them.... thinking of the director who loves her so, watch her leave with me in a taxi. Tomorrow we will probably all be crying! Pray that I can hold it together for my little one as she needs to know stability and security, not sadness! And, while I am overjoyed with my little one, I am sad for her all at the same time.

Well, let me tell you a little about my day as a full time Mama! Once we left, we came to the hotel and listened to some music ( her most FAVORITE thing to do!), and as God would have it.... the CD I had was full of songs she already knew... PERFECT! Then I changed her clothes, well some of them. I really wanted to be sure what I had for her would fit her! Some did and some was too big, believe it or not! :-) But, we got dressed and walked about outside for about an hour. I then stopped at this little café that I ate at yesterday, she would NOT go in! I have no idea why, she had gone in other stores, but wanted nothing to do with this place.... who knows? It was a little dark in there and I think that scared her. So, I placed my order and we walked for some more. When it was ready I stood at the door and paid at the door, no lie.... I was standing in the street digging out money! Oh my! Thank the Good Lord for his protection! Although, things here are really pretty safe, it was still something that isn't always the best judgement.... but terrorize my child or take my chances on some money.... well, I chose to take the chances on my money! :-) We then moved on and she was fine! I was finally able to convince her that we weren't going inside this place... oh well, no more "Inka Fe" food for a while! :-)

All in all her first day out and about has been a great one! After a very long nap.... for both of us!.... she wanted to go back out and walk around some more, so we did! I am trying to take it slow so as not to overwhelm her, but she loves being outside! She is a complete doll and again today said hello to some strangers. She doesn't like it much when they approach her and touch her, but if they allow her on her own terms she will say Hello! We made dinner at the hotel, some soup and sandwich, and she had some chips.... my girl loves her some potato chips! I can't wait to get back to the baked lays! :-). She got to Skype with Grammy tonight, she thought it was the best thing ever!! She laughed, touched the screen where her face was, said Hello and blew her kisses! Sooooo sweet! Hopefully tomorrow we can skype a little bit more. Then it was time for bedtime--- actually way past time! But, I got to surprise her with stars and the moon on her ceiling here at the hotel, just like in her room at the orphanage! Thank you Aunt Mary & Uncle Jack ---- she LOVED it! It took her a while to fall asleep because she kept saying "Mamá, la luna, la luna!" The director also sent with her, a gigantic Minnie Mouse (fake one) tha she adores and she said goodnight to it a million times and played her little love bug.... then finally drifeted off to sleep! Mama won't be too far behind her, as tomorrow will be another day of surprises!
All in all, the first day of full time Mamahood has been wonderful..... still learning a LOT, but wonderful! The only stinky part is the ddiaper! :-) Love & Blessings to you all! Praise the Lord with me for another good day and pray for tomorrow!


PS If anyone can tell me why these sippy cups with the straws pour out the contents, not just a little drip her or there, I mean LEAK... please let me know what I am doing wrong! :-)