On the Journey With My Chosen One!

I am sure you might wonder why I call her chosen rather than adopted.... well, adopted is just her physical condition, CHOSEN is what we both are to be a family together! God is so rich in His Blessings, and He has chosen each of us from before the time we were knit in our mother's womb to be a FOREVER family! How BIG is that? How BIG is our God!?! Thank you for following our journey and for praying for us as we wait and continue to grow in the love of God! -- Blessings!



Liliana's Verses

Matthew 17:20 - " ... For truly I say to you, if you have faith like a grain of mustard seed, you will say to this mountain: "Move from here to there", and it will move, and nothing will be impossible for you."




Zephaniah 3:17 - The Lord your God is with you. He will take great delight in you, He will quiet you with His love, He will rejoice over you with singing.




Proverbs 3:5-6 ~ Trust in the Lord with all of your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways, acknowledge Him and He shall direct your paths.




Jeremiah 29:11 ~ For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans for wholeness and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope.


Monday, April 11, 2011

Today's Big News.....

What a great and hard day today was! Today was the day that I signed the papers to take my Precious Peruvian into custody! Oh! What a big day! And, oh what a hard day! As today was the day that we had to say good-bye to everyone at her home. Then her sweet director presented me with a video of pictures and the sweetest song of my little ones. You see, these pictures were her baby pictures from the first day she endtered the orphanage at 4 days old! Oh, I just couldn't stop the tears! I still cry everytime I think about it! It was such a beautiful gift, next to the most beautiful gift God has allowed me to have, that of my sweet CHOSEN one!

Sometimes I stop and realize that I am walking in a dream come true! I remember the very day God gave me this dream and now she is here in flesh and bone! What an incredible thought..... amazing thought! God's timing is perfect.... and I remember telling Him in the difficult times... "Lord, I know on the other side of this, I will understand everything..... but can you hurry up and get me on the other side?!?!" Well, of course, as He does, He waits for the perfect moment to put on His God show! And today, in the hearts and faces of those who I don't know if they know Jesus or not, gave me such an incredible gift, that of the life of my little girl! I have sat through several Graduation Ceremonies at church and wondered if I would have a baby picture of my little one.... and while ultimately this is a small thing... God even cared enough about the littlest thing.... but such a wonderful thing for her! Oh, how I praise him for his goodness! I can't shre this video on the Blog b/c it is too long, but just trust me when I say, it is precious!

Leaving the orphange once we go there is really hard for my Precious Peruvian, and I know why. Oh how she is soooo incredibly loved there! I have to be a little honest here, I kind of don't want to leave these wonderful people either! They are just great! But, after a little protests and some help from the director we left. My wonderful hotel has provided me a great driver, his name is Isaac and he then took us to buy a jacket! Yes, she has 3 of them in her closet at home, but the Weather Channel lies.... it is cold here A LOT!! If you are standing in direct sunshine, it isn't too bad, but other than that, it is COLD! So, I went to buy little one a jacket and some wool stockings to keep her little legs warm! Then we came back to our hotel for lunch and a siesta! Yes, Mama too.... we all know siesta is Mama's favorite time of day too.... she should have been born in Spain! :-) But, after our siesta and a little snack we walked a couple of blocks to the Plaza de Armas and saw the pigeons.... tomorrow we'll feed them, but she loved them! Then it was time for dinner... still not going into restaurants, I sat on the stoop outside while they cooked my meal and they brought it to me in the door! :-) Maybe one day I will convince her to go in! :-) Then home to Skype with Grammie again and then off to bed. Tonight was an hour getting her to go to sleep, but things are so different for her right now, and she has to check everything out and be sure Mama is still here, and so on!

So again, thank you for your prayers for another great day! Tomorrow the psychologist will come for a visit at 11:30 and then a Dr's appointment in the afternoon! Thank goodness that Dr's still make house calls here.... it is AWESOME! She has had a cold, bt this is standard part of the Family placement time which officially begins tomorrow! As things continue to go well, this will last 7 days and then the Adoption Resolution is signed! Please continue to pray for our attachment and bonding, she is doing great and saying new things each day, so pray for this to continue! Please also continue to pray that God will give me wisdom, strength and courage in knowing what to do and when to do it! There is so little that I have to tell her "No" to, that sometimes I think I forget how! :-) But, I am sure more of that will come later! :-)
Love & Blessings and Praise Him for another great day with my little one!