On the Journey With My Chosen One!

I am sure you might wonder why I call her chosen rather than adopted.... well, adopted is just her physical condition, CHOSEN is what we both are to be a family together! God is so rich in His Blessings, and He has chosen each of us from before the time we were knit in our mother's womb to be a FOREVER family! How BIG is that? How BIG is our God!?! Thank you for following our journey and for praying for us as we wait and continue to grow in the love of God! -- Blessings!



Liliana's Verses

Matthew 17:20 - " ... For truly I say to you, if you have faith like a grain of mustard seed, you will say to this mountain: "Move from here to there", and it will move, and nothing will be impossible for you."




Zephaniah 3:17 - The Lord your God is with you. He will take great delight in you, He will quiet you with His love, He will rejoice over you with singing.




Proverbs 3:5-6 ~ Trust in the Lord with all of your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways, acknowledge Him and He shall direct your paths.




Jeremiah 29:11 ~ For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans for wholeness and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope.


Thursday, April 7, 2011

Incredible!

Incredible is the word for the day! Yes, yes it is! All of you are so INCREDIBLE for encouraging me so through your many messages on FB, e-mail, etc! I am so incredibly blessed by all of the love and support and PRAYERS that you all are offering up for me! I had hoped to get to some e-mails tonight, but we will have my sweet little one's going away party tomorrow afternoon and I had to get all of the things ready for the party.... not really an easy feat in a Foreign country! But thanks to my Incredible SW and Hostess, it was made easier! So, please don't be offended if I haven't replied to you! I love and cherish each and every one of them!

Today was another really good day! Thanks be to God! His hand is all over this and I think He is having fun too! Today, I got to bring my sweetie to the hotel where we will spend the next two weeks. She has maybe been in a car only once or twice, doesn't meet strangers well, and is quite upset about changing her schedule..... but today, she handled it all in stride! There were a few times I noticed some changes, but she didn't cry she laughed and engaged the SW in a little conversation, insisted on feeding me the green beans she didn't really want, and well the cauliflower.... she just put it on my plate and said "Gracias!" as if to say, "Hey... thanks for taking this off of my hands!" I didn't have any option, but we just laughed and laughed! She napped beautifully here at the hotel and loved on her "Love Bug"! She was amazed that it talked to her and called her by name.... It says, I love you! Oh, she just gave it hugs and kisses and tried to give it a cookie.... so CUTE! Thank you for your prayers for resiliency and please keep them coming, becuase she will really need them in the coming days when she starts spending time with Mamá 24 hours a day! Still, she is all about Mama..... she looks for me when I step around the corner and she loves to give me hugs and kisses and play!

Before coming, I knew that she had siblings who are available for adoption, but unfortunately I couldn't take them all. PLEASE pray for them, and pray for them to find forever families like their sister! They, like all the others in her orphanage just need a loving home! God is sooo BIG and I know that HE can do all things! I got to be part of something really special today and these siblings are on my heart! Please pray!

A few other matters of prayer...... the US Gov't is talking about shutting down AGAIN! As many of you know I went into PANIC MODE about a month ago because of a possible gov't shutdown! Let me give you a little perspective.... if the Gov't shuts down, all non-essential employees are furloughed.... these are Immigration officials, those responsible for visas, and ALL Embassy employeess that are American..... all around the world! I am not the only one, but if it shuts down on April 8th, I could be here in Peru indefinitely! Say the gov't shuts down for 3 weeks so that they can get their act together.... that is 3 weeks, and possibly even longer that I am here in Peru! (Those of you taking care of my Mia.... don't panic yet!!) PLEASE pray that our gov't can get it's act together. I know and I am praying right along with everyone that the best decisions are made for our country, but HONESTLY it is far more reaching than most people can imagine! While I LOVE Peru and the people here are FABULOUS, I will want to be home by the end of the month or beginning of May! So PLEASE pray!

Also, please continue to pray for the bonding that is taking place between my sweet one and me, and pray for her to have resliency in the coming days! Please also pray that I will have wisdom STRENGTH and courage that I will need in the coming days! Blessings to each one of you!

A few pictures of my Love Bug with her Love Bug!