On the Journey With My Chosen One!

I am sure you might wonder why I call her chosen rather than adopted.... well, adopted is just her physical condition, CHOSEN is what we both are to be a family together! God is so rich in His Blessings, and He has chosen each of us from before the time we were knit in our mother's womb to be a FOREVER family! How BIG is that? How BIG is our God!?! Thank you for following our journey and for praying for us as we wait and continue to grow in the love of God! -- Blessings!



Liliana's Verses

Matthew 17:20 - " ... For truly I say to you, if you have faith like a grain of mustard seed, you will say to this mountain: "Move from here to there", and it will move, and nothing will be impossible for you."




Zephaniah 3:17 - The Lord your God is with you. He will take great delight in you, He will quiet you with His love, He will rejoice over you with singing.




Proverbs 3:5-6 ~ Trust in the Lord with all of your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways, acknowledge Him and He shall direct your paths.




Jeremiah 29:11 ~ For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans for wholeness and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope.


Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Lessons for Mamá

Trying to decide what the title should be....... and what to write about! Today looked a little better for my Precious Peruvian and a little worse for Mamá! Mamá felt junky all day long.... but as any Mama knows, the show must go on! So today, we woke up..... well I woke up about 7:15. Little bit just lays in her crib and waits for me to wake up.... while this sounds like a wonderful thing, it is actually kind of sad to me.... because I think of how many mornings she laid awake with no one to talk to her, cuddle her, or tell her I love you! So this morning I decided that I needed to be awake before she wakes up, this way she knows Mama is on her way to getting her day ready! The thing about being in the hotel is that you can't go have breakfast in your PJ's like we can at home.... so, we have to go all the way through the getting dressed process, hair and everything before we can even eat breakfast... so I am sure she is good and hungry by then! She doesn't complain though.... she just shouts "Oh Gracias!" when I give her her breakfast! Soooo cute!

Then we out and about for a bit to feed the pigeons today, she wasn't as impressed today because the pigeons were a little more agressive today... they were even pecking at y shoes, I didn't blame her! But one, came and sat on the bench almost beside her and then she was done with the pigeons! They are a little creepy! :-) She did so well out and about this morning that she got some Papa Lay --- these are Lay's Potato chips... I have told you before that she loves her some chips.... but let me just tell you, she was loving those chips! Then came lunch, and dummy me, I asked for the Daily Menu (most restaurants have it here) of grilled pork chop and cheese sticks..... well the pork chop was covered in a slighly spicy sauce, it came with french fries and uncooked vegetables and there was very little cheese in the cheese sticks! I decided that I lost the "Mother of the Year" award right there when I opened the plate! Well, to make myself feel better, I added some of my veggies and grilled trout to her plate.... but still felt bad for my little one! I was trying to give her something different because my eating choices are very limited.... chicken & fish, rice and cooked veggies! Oh, I can not wait to have a Spinach salad when I get home! Everyone tells me that things are wasked really well here, but considering the last 5 years of tummy issues because of getting sick from something overseas.... I am just paranoid! :-) So, little bit didn't get a very healthy lunch! They always gave her such healthy stuff (minus the chips) at the orphanage that I feel like a loser when it comes to feeding her! But, when I get home..... I know I will feel better about that b/c I will have a little more control over the cooking! I hope!

So then it was a much needed nap time for Mama and little bit! We took our nap, she didn't rest so well, but we got up and then went to get her medicine and to the bank. This required going a little bit farther (walkin, mind you) and on a very busy street. I haven't decided yet if she doesn't like going into place because they scare her or because she doesn't want to.... but this was a pretty big and exhausting trip for her. But, she did really well! She did protest some but overall, took it in stride. She was pretty tired by the time we got back for dinner and wanted to be in her own world for a few minutes.... but she came back really quick to her giggly, silly self! :-) So, I will count it a good day for her and a day of lessons for Mama! I have no idea why this hotel with wonderful staff and people don't have a microwave, but I keep thinking that it will make life easier..... but then I have to remind myself, there will just be different difficulties to be had, so I will stick to asking someone to light the two burner camp stove everytime I want to cook something! (I know how, it is just everytime I try to do it, it won't light, there is some crazy trick to it or something!) HaHa! Looking forward to Grammie coming, maybe she can get it to light! :-)

Today I am praising God for the strength to make it through feeling yucky! My Precious Peruvian feeling better, and gradually making headway in dealing with the word around her! Sometimes she gets overwhelmed at the people approaching us on the street and starts saying "No, No, No, No, No"..... the funny thing is, that is how I feel!! But, please keep praying for God to give her resiliency and courage to face strangers! It is hard! Please continue to pray that I will feel better soon and get over whatever this yuck is..... I know wher eit came from, my Precious Peruvian, and it is worth every bit of it to have her hugs and kisses everyday.... but if it could pass quickly for both of us, that would be great!

Again, thank you for your prayers and praising the Lord with me for the wonderful things He has done! Several have commented on giving God the Glory.... some people choose to write their blog for their children, some choose to write to advocate for adoption, I chose to write it to bring God the Glory because ultimately this is His journey, His dream that He placed in my heart, and I am just privileged to be able to walk this journey with Him. And, He has been with me every step of the way, throught he dark difficult days when I had only a mustard seed size of faith, to the beautiful days of meeting and getting to know my Precious Peruvian! He had the way paved ahead of me, and will continue to show me His purpose and will for our lives! So, praise Him today and everyday.... and know that all things good come from Him alone!
Blessings!