On the Journey With My Chosen One!

I am sure you might wonder why I call her chosen rather than adopted.... well, adopted is just her physical condition, CHOSEN is what we both are to be a family together! God is so rich in His Blessings, and He has chosen each of us from before the time we were knit in our mother's womb to be a FOREVER family! How BIG is that? How BIG is our God!?! Thank you for following our journey and for praying for us as we wait and continue to grow in the love of God! -- Blessings!



Liliana's Verses

Matthew 17:20 - " ... For truly I say to you, if you have faith like a grain of mustard seed, you will say to this mountain: "Move from here to there", and it will move, and nothing will be impossible for you."




Zephaniah 3:17 - The Lord your God is with you. He will take great delight in you, He will quiet you with His love, He will rejoice over you with singing.




Proverbs 3:5-6 ~ Trust in the Lord with all of your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways, acknowledge Him and He shall direct your paths.




Jeremiah 29:11 ~ For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans for wholeness and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope.


Saturday, April 30, 2011

I Love Saturdays!

Ahh! What a great Saturday it was today! We slept in late.... couldn't believe that for any of the three of us --- ok well, maybe me! :-) We got to fix our own breakfast for the first time in 4 weeks... yummy! We had to figure a few things out like washing the eggs and all..... yeah, you have to wash the eggs to prevent getting some kind of contaminant from the shell. Interesting, I know! This is why I haven't had any raw veggies or fruit.... oh, I can't wait! :-) Then we went to the Inka Market here in Lima, very nice place and it was actually quiet and no one was harrassing you to buy things on the street! We had a great time picking out things for my little one's Peruvian treasure box! This was my plan, to buy something for every year's Blessing Day gift, until she turned 18...... I don't know if we met our goal for every year, but we got close! :-)

Then we went for lunch, and they had corn on the cob..... I am not a big corn eater, but let me tell you, I gobbled that up!! It was so yummy too! Made my tummy happy.... for a little while at least! :-) Then we had a nice leisurely nap, dinner and went for ice cream! It is so funny to see my little one eat ice cream! Every bite is a shock to her! When it first hits her mouth and is so cold, she doesn't know what to do with it.... but then it starts to melt and she can taste the sweetness..... then it is all giggles and laughter.... until... the next bite! We have had ice cream several times now and it is the same process over and over again!Too funny! Poor thing, one day she'll fuss at me for posting the following picture, but there just aren't words to describe the look on her face when the ice cream first hits... it is too cute!!



So, tomorrow's plan is to visit the Larco Mar and maybe the ocean for a minute or two. :-) Then we will begin the process of re-packing everything to get ready to come home! Yay!! I am so thankful for God's provisions, His protection and His love for us! I am so thankful that I have been able to share with others what a BIG God He is! Today, while at the market, one sweet lady thanked me for what I was doing to help her country by adopting one of their children.... Wow! It is I, who am so incredibly blessed is what I told her! What a sweet comment for her to make! I do get lots of stares and questions sometimes, but each time is a reminder of how blessed I am to have this little one's laughter fill my heart! So, thanks be to God for his love and faithfulness!
Blessings!